So I’d love to post a wintery recipe but being as that it’s 60+ today in Jersey, I’m feeling rather the opposite of wintery… And also in the mood for peanut butter…. And also tofu.
This is a pretty cool recipe though that I have yet to try on account of being me and all. Putting tofu and peanut butter may seem a little odd, but mixed with ginger, lime, and garlic, (and other veggies!) it’s a pretty cool snack \ meal.
– 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained well and patted dry
– 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
– 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne
– 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas or lavash flatbread
– 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
– 1 large carrot, grated
– 1⁄2 medium English cucumber, peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch slices
Now using a food processor, first combine the tofu, peanut butter, and soy sauce and process until nice and smooth. Then you should add the lime juice, ginger, garlic, and cayenne and process until smooth as well. Set everything aside for 30 minutes at
room temperature to allow flavors to blend nicely.
Next, to assemble the wraps, place 1 tortilla wrap on a clean surface, and spread with about 1⁄2 cup of the tofu mixture. Then you can sprinkle with lettuce, carrot, and cucumber. Roll up tightly and cut in half diagonally. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and serve… Should make about 4 wraps.