It’s the holiday season, so whoop-de-do and hickory dock, and don’t forget, to try out some healthy dip… Wait, that’s not how the song goes, but it’s enough of a distraction for some around TAV to try something new. This is a great recipe though because it has chipotle, and really, what more does a recipe need? (*cough* Dark chocolate.)
– 1 garlic clove, crushed
– 11⁄2 cups cooked or 1 (15.5-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
– 11⁄2 teaspoons canned chipotle chile in adobo
– 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1 tablespoon finely minced green onions, for garnish
Using a food processor, brand up to you, process the garlic until everything is finely minced. Next add the beans and chipotle and process until nicely smooth. Add the lime juice and salt and pepper for taste, keeping away from open cuts because it’ll burn. Then process until well blended. After that you should transfer to a medium bowl and sprinkle with the green onions, but don’t go nuts because who really likes green onions that much? Serve right away and or cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours to allow the flavors to intensify. This makes about 11⁄2 cups.